Having a mental illness is not the end of the world. With help and support, you can recover and achieve your normal healthy life back. You will face many challenges in the start but you need to find hope and that is where your journey starts. Mental illnesses are manageable.
It’s important to realize that you are not alone. Mental illnesses are common. Every once in a while people step up. They rise above themselves. And surprise you. Sometimes they fall short. Life can push you off pretty hard but if you look close enough, you find hope in the tiniest things, in song lyrics, or in the eyes of someone you love.
First, it is an invisible disease. It’s not easy to explain to people that you are sick if you do not look sick; even though you are in pain and working to be free of it. Sometimes, you lose people who had previously been a vital part of your life. Surely, the best people will hang on for the ride. And you rise from ashes, return from flames, clothed in nothing but the strength, and stronger than before.
There are somethings, which you should keep in mind;
- Stop listening to every dysfunctional thought.
- Tell your mind to align its thoughts with the word of God and to dwell what He says about you.
- It is important to do what is best for you, whether people approve of it or not. This is your life. You know what is good for you and remember self-love takes strength.
- Plan; out do your past, not other people.
- If you feel like giving up, that is when you need to push the most. Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.
With time passing by, you start losing hope and but that doesn’t mean that you have lost. Just in that moment, breathe and pick yourself up, just where you felt lost and now start moving, this shall take you to the highest levels.
You don’t need to listen to the unnecessary thoughts that you see people hissing about, because it will pull you down always. You need to think of things that will lift you up and make you shine a little brighter and much bigger.
“In spite of everything I shall pick up my pieces,
I shall go on with my life,
acing and achieving.
Though I fall,
I shall rise again,
I shall remember to be like waves,
which fall and never fail to rise again.”